TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
(FILLED) ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Please note that this position is now filled.
New position available! We are looking for an Assistant Corporate Controller for our client, a company located on the South Shore of Montreal.
CPA, minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards as well as other financial laws and rules, complete accounting cycle, bilingual, corporate experience.
Contact the TALINKO team today!
Insurance, Banking & Finance
Montreal South Shore
Are you interested in this position?
We have been mandated by our client in the search project for an Assistant Controller to support their strategic plan
for growth and process improvement. You will be joining a team that cares about you and provides the support and
tools you need to succeed and take on new challenges.
THE ROLE: Assistant Controller
Reporting to the Comptroller, the Assistant Comptroller will :
- Assists the Financial Controller in all accounting aspects of his duties;
- Take part in the various stages of the accounting cycle (invoicing, accounts payable, credit, collection, etc.)
of the group and its affiliated entities, in order to control all operating modes;
- Participate in the complete accounting cycle, including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial
statements, and quarterly reports and related analyses;
- Prepares the fiscal year-end and participates in discussions with the external auditors (certain items);
- Participates in the development, implementation and dissemination of accounting practices and internal
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of management information tools, accounting and administrative
procedures to ensure the accuracy of accounting records and financial information and management ;
- Supports the Financial Controller in the different files related to annual audits and tax declarations
- Reconciles databases for the management of sales, inventories and other financial information ;
- Supervises and coordinates the work of his team;
- Collaborates in the development of budgets, financial forecasts and the five-year strategic plan.
- Holding a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7 years of experience, including 2 years in team management
- Internal controls and the complete accounting cycle
- Knowledge of IFRS (an asset)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics software
- Mastery of the MS Office suite, including an excellent command of Excel
- Proficiency in both official languages, oral and written
- Good team spirit and collaboration
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Strong sense of priorities and excellent ability to support a team in its management of priorities
- Demonstrated ability to implement and/or improve different practices and processes
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and on our Website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.