TALINKO Market Positions Available
Get privileged access to a selection of available positions and candidates
CHARTERED APPRAISER (Manager)
Our client, Ryan, is looking for a Chartered Appraiser to join its Montreal team.
In addition to joining this world leader in tax services, you will benefit from excellent employment conditions and a flexible, dynamic environment in which to develop your full potential.
- Certified member of the Ordre des Évaluateurs Agrées du Québec
- Experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of property assessment laws, regulations, and policies
- Basic knowledge of the Quebec Municipal Taxation Act (an asset)
Are you interested in this position?
Ryan, an award-winning global tax services and software provider, is the largest Firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the Firm provides an integrated suite of federal, state, local, and international tax services on a multijurisdictional basis, including tax recovery, consulting, advocacy, compliance, and technology services. Ryan is a seven-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service.
Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan’s multidisciplinary team of more than 3,600 professionals and associates serves over 14,000 clients in more than 50 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies.
Ryan has become a market leader in tax services, outpacing competing firms in business for over 100 years. With expertise in more than 75 global tax practice areas, our experts save our international clients $2.5 billion in taxes annually. Ryan represents 96% of the companies that make up the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Why join Ryan’s team
- Excellent remuneration & conditions of employment
- Competitive benefits plan
- Health spending account
- Fitness program
- Great place to work certified
- Hybrid work environment
- One-time home office bonus
- Generous vacation allowance
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Named for the tenth consecutive year as one of the best companies to work for in Canada in 2022
- For the fifth time in the firm’s history, Ryan is named one of the Best Places to Work for Women by FORTUNE
- Selected for the 10th consecutive year as one of the nation’s Best Workplaces in Consulting and Professional Services™ by Great Place to Work.
Ryan employees have the freedom to do their work in the way that works best for them. With clear expectations and responsibilities, employees are in control of their time and have the flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Culture, Mission, and Values
A culture of innovation
We believe in freeing businesses from the burden of over-taxation and freeing up their capital to invest in their future. Clients should only pay the taxes they owe, not more. The surplus fuel their dreams of a better future.
When a company is overtaxed, job growth stalls, innovation is sluggish, and growth withers. What are the next steps and where will the financial boost come from to get back on track? This is where we come in.
We’re reducing the tax burden on our customers. We are committed to renewing the way we navigate the complexities of today’s tax laws. It’s our passion. No one knows this better than we do. Where others see only rules and regulations, we see opportunities. Where others see only codes and restrictions, we see possibilities. Our work begins where others end. We will not stop until we create value and deliver results that support our clients and enhance their bottom line.
This is the cornerstone of Ryan. Our job is to “ease the burden on our overtaxed clients, allowing them to grow the capital they’ve freed up. Building a better future. For all of us.”
One of Ryan’s values is “generosity first” in other words, we share our successes.
Ryan associates have made it clear that they want to give back to the community in a tangible way… beyond just writing a check. They want to be close to people; they want to be on the ground and transform lives – positively impacting their community.
Sharing our success is the best way to honor the hard work and phenomenal growth of Ryan and its employees.
Ryan is looking for a Chartered Appraiser to join its dynamic Montreal team. Responsibilities include managing several real estate appraisal files for a large portfolio of clients and the valuation of various categories of buildings, specifically industrial complexes.
Working closely with the team, you will collect, analyze, and compile the appropriate data to evaluate the validity of municipal assessments for taxation purposes.
You will be responsible for conducting various studies and analyses, and if necessary, for writing expert reports, and for working in collaboration with the team and clients on various mandates. You will participate in weekly meetings with the Montreal team to discuss and organize the management of various client files.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop opinions for several types of property values
- Produce appraisal reports as needed
- Conduct on-site visits and inspections of appraised properties
- Ensure high-quality work from analysts and consultants
- Collect and analyze the real estate market data
- Produce qualitative analyses to support the valuation
- Manage client files for various purposes, including appeals
- Lead assessment appeals and potential negotiations
- Meet, inform, and follow up with clients and maintain a strong working relationship
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or equivalent
- Certified member of the Ordre des Évaluateurs Agréés du Québec
- Valid driver’s license
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience navigating municipal databases and websites for research
- Great knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies related to property tax assessments
- Excellent knowledge of functional French and English (written and spoken) Bilinguism is an asset
- Master intermediate skills in Microsoft® Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Outlook, Customer relationship management tools, OneSource, and Internet navigation and research
- Works well in a group setting.
- Basic knowledge of the Cost Method for industrial buildings (an asset)
- Knowledge of Quebec Property Assessment Manual volumes (an asset)
- Basic knowledge of the Quebec Municipal Taxation Act (an asset)
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in the recruitment of members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice against the feminine form.